Monday, July 13, 2009

Community Theatre Workshop

Margaret (PCV/Friend) attempting to get a man to use a condom through a theatrical approach

June 29- July 3, 2009
So the internet has been down, so no blog updates in a while. But went to Morogoro with fourteen other PCVs and our counterparts for a week on training on how to use community theatre approach to teach about AIDS. It was interesting and I think will be very useful, particularly in Image, where people find it difficult to discuss the issues. We had a theatre group come into train us about how to bring an interactive approach to our communities.
One of the more exciting things that happened in Morogoro was when my friends, Ashleigh, Catherine, Brianna, Sarah, and I were eating dinner at a restuarant and approached to be in a music video they were filming. So turns out the five of us danced awkwardly, I might add, in a Tanzanian music video that is due to play on Tv here this month. I can only hope that my village gets to watch it.

The other really exciting thing was that Teri (another PCV) and I spent about four hours enduring the pain of having fake hair braided into our real hair at a saloon. Picture Below:





Teri and I



No comments: