Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kigoma and Gombe Stream

March 31- April10, 2010

I don’t have time to write about the trip today, but thought that I would post some pictures as a teaser. It was a phenomenal trip. Now back safely and headed to the village. Xoxo- Brie

Entrance to Gombe Stream National Park

Chimp Baby

Gombe Waterfall


Chimp Family






































Me in Gombe. Notice the chimps right behind me.









Me on Jane's Peak










In Gombe











Gombe Stream- Jane Goodall's Chimpanzee research place












Looking out from Jane's Peak













Baboon Family





























Beach at Gombe Stream National Park
















Village on the way to Gombe

















Looking down into the boat at the littboy who fell asleep on my backpack














Boats How very Jackie O. of me































Kate and I















Port in Kigoma

















Boy fetching water


















Inside the boat before it was packed with people

Kigoma at sunset Sunset over the Democratic Republic of Congo Kate hoping to pay our taxi driver with Crystal Light Jessi and Kate Lake T Swimming pool overlooking Lake Tanganyika Looking out toward the Congo Kate and Jessi in Kigoma Town Kigoma Lake Tanganyika and Kigoma Arriving at the Kigoma airport

4 comments:

mom said...

Beautiful pictures. I think I saw some of my family hiding in the bush.Looks like another great adventure for you with lots of wonderful stories to tell. How will America have all these crazy times..You will have to go back to behaving like grown ups when you come home. UGH..What a drag. Living on the wild side for a few more months. Have fun and be safe. Hugs

Miss Mary said...

Wow, Brie this looks awesome! I am loving living vicariously through you with all your fun adventures!

Yunxin (Victor) Ni said...

Hi
Are you willing to help me, a graduate student in University of Minnesota, understand the electrical needs of the people in Tanzania?
Thanks.

Shannon Brahmer said...

You got great pictures Brie! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. I recognized Jane's observation spot from your picture. It must of been a wonderful feeling to be sitting there. Love you!