Monday, September 7, 2009

Mid-Service Conference: Dar es Salaam

"Whoa, We're half-way there, whoa, we're livin' on a prayer, so take my hand and we'll make it I swear, whoa, we're livin' on a prayer." -Bon Jovi and the unofficial song of our MSC

August 29- September 5, 2009

Highlights of MSC:

-Seeing my entire group for the first time since training.

-Getting my hair done by Masai men who then cut it with a Masai Knife and I watched them jump... awesome.

-Swimming in the Indian Ocean.

-Dance Beach Volleyball... The same as regular but you can't stop dancing.

-Korie's 25th B-Day party, both parts one and two: where we ended up taking over for the band...

-Trivia Night at Irish Pub where my excessive knowledge about Zorro finally paid off... Thanks, Dad :-)

-Kate and Brie's Date Night: We danced until dawn...

-Nights out with Greta, Kate and Teri...

-Trip to the Tanzanian dentist... enough said. Luckily did not have any cavaties.

-Being re-inspired by Peace Corps.

-Realizing that I am half-way through completing something that I have always wanted to do... nothing could be sweeter.




Me

Kate and I: Date Night


With slightly better faces on...


Trivia Team: Ralph, Kate (our Recorder), Greta and I




Korie's Birthday Party: Greta, Meesh and Korie... I think singing Cher here...



Teri and I



Ash, Great and I







1 comment:

mom said...

I can always count on you to give me a laugh. Loved the pictures of the week. You all are having way too much fun. Sounds like you all had a great week. One year to go..do your best to embrace all the times..good and not so good..I'll start checking,but i think the Zorro Club might need a good ,knowledgeable, girl named Brie to join the exclusive group.Have a terrific week..and when you see my Kate, Please give her a hug from me.