Monday, August 31, 2009

Book of the Month: September

Most people know that I am a crazy reader. I am going to guess that I read 12-15 books a month. Most Americans don't have much reading time, but I figured that every month I could post my favorite book for that month, because when you live alone in the middle of nowhere you have got a lot of time. I will post a book and a brief synopsis and if you read it than let me know what you thought. Sometimes the book might be old because we have limited book access. But the best book I read this month was....

"Learning to Breathe" By Alison Wright

Key Words- Photojournalism, Travel- Nepal, Thailand, Laos, India, Tibet, Tanzania, the Amazon and more, Buddhism, overcoming chronic pain, help to developing countries, meditation and natural medicine.

If you liked 'Eat, Pray, Love' than this book is way better. It has none of the chick flick qualities but is applicable to everyone. A fascinating true story about a female photojournalist who travels the world and her near death bus accident in Laos that lead her to re-evaluate her life and eventually climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. A beautiful story about perseverance in the face of all odds, helping people around the world and finding peace within ones self. Highly recommended by me... Thanks, Mom, for the gift. I love you.

No comments: