Friday, March 20, 2009

Congrats Erik and Shannon!

March 16, 2009

My little sister is engaged to be married!!! Shannon and Erik have decided to be married this summer in August. I am so happy for them and for Erik to join our family. He has been a great brother so far and is a huge support to my family, and someone my little brothers look up to. And he makes my sister very happy. This means, without a doubt, I will be coming to America in August for a visit!

I am really excited to see my sister off in this new stage in her life, as well as to reconnect with my family and friends. The dates for my time home have not been set yet, but I will be in the Portland area with maybe one trip down to Eugene. (Have to be in my college town for a bit, see Reed's family, and my best friend, Noora.) Please, if you can, come to the Portland area while I am home! Would love to see as many people as possible. Let me know if you will be around...

This has brought on a lot of questions from my villagers: You can just visit America? Will you come back? and my Favorite: But you are first born, why has your father allowed your sister to get married before you? (This launches us into a whole discussion about how there is no bride price, no father allowing.... etc.) So, at 25, I am officially an old maid... but a very happy one. Love and miss everyone... Can't wait to see you in a few months!

1 comment:

mom said...

Wishing you a Happy Birthday..and I think it is great that you are seeing the world,making a difference and learning who you are . Plenty of time to be a Bride...After you learn to be alone,stand up and take care of yourself .Your value has just gone up. It will take a very rich person to be able to appreciate all your assets..Enjoy your day and as always, when you see my Kate..a big hug to her. Carol