Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Wishes

"Celebrate we will. Because life is short but sweet, for certain."
-DMB

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope you are all happy and healthy this Thanksgiving. Just a little note to say how thankful I am for having each of you in my life. The past six months have been pretty rough, but rewarding for me. Tanzania has provided me with multiple challenges, but we all knew it would. Even so, I am still grateful to have the experience of living in Africa as a Peace Corps Volunteer. Sometimes it is important to see the beauty in what is difficult. I have appreciated all the love and support that has been sent to me over this period of time by all of you!

Tanzania is a country where people are thankful for whatever blessings they receive- good food, rain, safe transport, friendship... As Americans, I think we get busy and forget to find wonder and appreciation in our everyday experience. I hope this holiday allows you to rekindle gratitude for the small blessings in each day. Happy Thanksgiving!

I love and miss all of you so much,

Brie

1 comment:

Lori said...

Brie, I love you so much, and I am so proud of you, you have so much heart. Am giving thanks for your life tonite, aunt Lori