Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy (I Hope) Election Day!

November 4, 2008

The day I have been waiting for since eight years ago. Some people I know were once registered Republican, but I have always known who I was. In town to stay up all night and watch the outcome of this. The Tanzanians are pumped, rallying, of course, behind Obama. They all know it is election day, they are all eager to talk to us. I listened to BBC Radio Africa yesterday and they were interviewing people all over the continent. These people spoke of hope with an Obama presidency. The one common denominator is they all said, "I think he will help Africa, he will be good for the world." Peace Corps Volunteers are excited because Obama would most likely mean less restrictions on PEPFAR, so we might be able to do less abstinence teaching and actually produce results in decreasing AIDS around this country. It is funny to me that Africans with little to no media know what America needs better than half of America. Oh- we are eager for change on this side of the world as well.

2 comments:

Becca said...

WE DID IT!!!! Change is coming!!!!

Jon S said...

Love the Post! I work with the National Peace Corps Association/More Peace Corps Campaign! http://www.petitiononline.com/morepc/petition.html to sign the petition to make sure Obama helps the Peace Corps!

www.morepeacecorps.org