Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wish List

I have received many emails from people wanting to know what to put in a package and send to me- so thanks. And anything would be appreciated- but thought I would compile a list of things I could use. Please don't forget to mail it to the Njombe Address posted in my blog and write Peace Corps Volunteer on it- because then I pay less in customs.

Wish List:
-Antibacterial Gel/Hand Wipes
-American Magazines
-Just add water foods
-Any foods (One of the best things I have gotten so far- my mom sent Wheat Thins and Dried Fruit- which lasted me many meals.)
-Pictures (printed!) I am decorating a wall with pictures I get sent- you want to be on it, right?
-Any house decor- my sister sent incense- which was great.
-Spices
-Any beauty products, washes, masks, etc.- My skin is horrible here, so if you have something you think would help, send away!
- If you do not want to send a package, please send yourself here. I really want visitors. Or I am always accepting donations to get my wonderful boyfriend of four years (Reed) here for the month of December.

For Tanzanians:
- School supplies (Cool pencils/pens, crayons, markers, stickers, etc.) The primary kids here have plain pencils and notebook paper stapled together- I think they could do better.
-Any books- easy to read (Very easy) in English with pictures. Primary school age- keep in mind they don't really speak English- so any good learning books.
-For me to help Tanzanian children: I suddenly cannot remember many American songs/ games/ learning tools for kids. If anyone sees a book with activities like this or has any personal ideas. I would love to have it to start getting in with the kids.

Along those Lines: MC Staff- Any project ideas? I am brand new at site, so I haven't fully investigated what the villagers want/need, but you are all very imaginative, experienced people. Help!?! I am thinking about a smaller version of Sports for Peace and Life- obviously without the help of Nike. But I am a Health/Life Skills Volunteer- which is pretty open ended and they also are including permaculture in that- so basically anything that fits under PEPFAR could be used.

No comments: