Tuesday, August 12, 2008

MY SITE!!!!

Mosque:

Today, I found out where I am supposed to be living for the next two years: Drum Roll.....

Southern Highlands! Banking Town: Njombe and my little village is about an hour away from there, because of security purposes I am not allowed to write the name of my small village here, but I will send it out in an email at some point.

I am very happy about this placement. I know many of the volunteers in that region already and many of my class is being sent to that area. Eighteen of us are going down there. There has never been a volunteer at my specific site before, so I will be starting everything. I am living on the grounds of a primary school, and a medical dispensary is only .5 km away. I don't know much about any details yet. I know it is high elevation and gets very cold there at night. I am excited to live there and will update when I know more. I love love love all you people at home.

3 comments:

mom said...

Enjoy reading your blog. I am Kate G's Mom. I am totally addicted to reading all the blogs that are listed on Peace Corp list.It is fun to see how each of you sees the new world you are living in. Good luck at your site.Kate says you will be close to each other.That's wonderful.Can't wait to read more.Take care and be safe. Carol G.

Sarah Bott said...

I love reading this blog, also. I worked at the Peace Corps in the 80s and we barely had email to communicate with Volunteers.

I live in Portland and work for the City of Portland. This is really neat to read the true adventures of a home town girl!

Unknown said...

We talked with your dad today and he gave us your blog site when we picked up the boys. We are so proud of you, Brie, and the good work you are doing. Love, Pam