Friday, May 2, 2008

Good-bye Mercy Corps!

My last day at Mercy Corps-- What to say...

After working here for 20 months, it is weird that I will be in Tanzania for seven months longer. It seems like I have worked at Mercy Corps forever.I am quitting the only "real" job I have ever had and even though I am leaving to take a month off and then experience Africa, there are still things I will miss.

The people here are amazing. They have been all over the world, but mostly they just have a general kindness that you can feel and a common belief that they can help make the world a better place. Off and on, after listening to the news or after seeing gas prices rise, I can begin to lose hope that there can be a change in our world. When I come to work many MC employees re-instill that faith in me. I am very thankful to have considered myself one of them.

I will miss working at Mercy Corps, I wish nothing but the best for the organization as they continue on their mission to help those in need. My co-workers there have become like family and I am hopeful we will all meet again. Thank you, thank you, Mercy Corps.

1 comment:

James Maginot and Jane LeGrand said...

Hey Brie,

My name is James Maginot and I am a current Environmental Volunteer in Tanzania(health and environement are very similar and you'll be training together when u get here.) I just wanted to say hi, as i will be meeting you in a couple of weeks upon your arrival here in Tanzania. I'll be helping out with your first months in country during training. I just wanted to offer to you and to any other of your fellow trainees you may have already found on the web, a contact here, for questions, concerns, comments, packing tips or anything else that you may not be too sure of back in the states. So please feel free to contact me at jamesmaginot@gmail.com with antything.

Safari njema, (Safe travels)

James