Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Reasons

Do I need any?

This is what I have always wanted: the excitement, the fear, the adventure. Now it is all beginning. In two months I will have a different life. Sure, I will miss my old one, but today the possibilities are endless.

I saw a psychic about a year ago. She said, "You have finally found it! You are always searching, but you have found what you were meant to do." This was shortly after I had begun work at Mercy Corps, so I know she was right. But mostly I am convinced, because this work is what I believe in. This is the only job I could do...

"All people are members of a family, and everyone, therefore, has the responsibility of caring about the future of mankind and the earth."

-His Holiness the Dahli Lama

4 comments:

Whitney said...

hi--its whitney--i am so excited to go to tanzania--i definitely understand your sentiments here--somehow this is really what i was meant to do....glad you have a blog too!

unbriss said...

Brie,
I randomly came across your blog. I'm was a PCV in Honduras ('99-'00) and have recently begun working on starting a non-profit to help fund small community projects as well as well instillation in rural parts of Africa. I am looking for a few PCV's in African countries, preferably folks with an interest or eye for photography. I would love to tell you more about it. My e-mail is sconrad@ithaca.edu. This must seem quite random, but thanks for taking the time to read this. Sincerely, Sybil Conrad

hulag said...

Hi there friend! I am a blog reader from the Philippines. I am happy to found your interesting site. It is really worth visiting.

Lori said...

Brie, I am very excited for the incredible path you have chosen to travel! Again, I think my dark emails (when you told me you were going), were my worst fears for you, and they are now behind me.You are carrying your own light with you. I've always heard that fear is repressed excitement, so I suppose my protective feelings were too! Your Blog is great, can't wait to read more...I love you!!Aunt Lori