Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ruaha National Park Pictures

Hippo Pool
Beautiful Ruaha

Keeping a look out


Relaxing on the front porch as night falls in the park

A mad daddy elephant attempting to stampede our safari jeep. We got away fast.

Someone loves a safari...

Evening sky


Awww....



This is my life... YES!






A lazy lion

An Oregonian in Africa... might be a baobab instead of a fir but I am still loving it.


I tired multiple times to convince the driver that he should let me out of the car here, but he wouldn't listen... too bad.


The beautiful Ruaha River


Ohhh, Tanzania... I am so lucky to live here.


Checking me out.









Ann and Karrla, through our jeep roof.


Little pretty lizard guy...


Spent all my free time in this shower...
A western toilet? I must be dreaming...


View from my hut's porch

Porch to the Ruaha River where I was able to watch giraffe, elephants, hippos, crocodiles, gazelle, water bucks, turtles and many birds. Also heard lions at night!

The most beautiful place I have ever been. Had this hut all to myself! Fox Farms Ruaha River Lodge- amazing!

1 comment:

mom said...

Great pictures. I think we stayed in the same lodge. It was sooooo amazing..Loved that park. Looks like you are having a wonderful time. You have earned it. Thinking of all you girls..Hugs. Carol